Terms and conditions
- There is a 2 hour minimum charge on all jobs, unless there is a 3 men job when there is a 3 hour minimum charge. After these times, rates are charged in half hour increments. The two hour minimum may be waived at our discretion.
- If you are quoted a fixed price job, the price allows 1 hour for loading/unloading at each end. Additional time will be charged at £40ph+vat (20.00%) for one man and £55ph+vat (20.00%) for two men.
- Job arrival times are estimated. Although we do our best to be on time, circumstances out of our control may cause delays. Please note that we do not operate an express delivery service.
- Quotation visits offer an estimated time for completion of the job. All quotations are made with best intention and any estimates of how long a job will take, and hence the costs, are estimates only.
- The total weight of any full load should not exceed 1300kg. Should this be exceeded and penalties incurred from the authorities, the Customer will be liable to pay the penalty in full to JM Solutions UK Ltd t/a ManVanLondon and MVLGroup™.
- We request that customers disclose as much information about the load as possible, ie. amount and nature of items, any special parking arrangements, any stairs or tight spaces to be negotiated, items which might need dismantling, parking availability and so on.
- It is the customer's responsibility to provide supervision of the van whilst it is being loaded/ unloaded. You, the client, or your representative shall be present throughout the period of the removal and satisfy yourself that all goods are removed from the van. We accept no responsibility for any goods allegedly left in the vehicle after the job has been completed.
- Customers travelling in our vehicles: we only guarantee a seat for one passenger travelling within London. This does NOT apply to nationwide trips or European trips.
- We reserve the right to change or cancel any bookings, providing we give enough notice to the customer.
- There is a minimum charge of £72.00+vat for goods going to the recycling centre (tip).
- Extra payment of £11.50 required if travelling through the congestion charge zone.
- A £100 deposit is required to secure your booking, this is will be deducted of your grand total.
- The deposit amount is non refundable upon cancellation, however you can rearrange the booking to a later date.
- Parking must be arranged and it is the responsibility of the customer. Any parking fines must be paid by the customer to the driver upon the completion of the job or upon receiving invoice and paying by card.
- Jobs running over the estimated completion time will be charged at half hour increments.
- All payments must be completed upon delivery, either by cash or by calling the office between the hours of 9:00 - 17:00. Card payments will incur a 3% surcharge.
- Cancellation: If you postpone or cancel within 24 hours of the date of the job you will be charged the full value of the job (the minimum charge). JM Solutions UK Ltd t/a ManVanLondon and MVLGroup™ does reserve the right to cancel or change dates and times, providing we give enough notice to the customer.
- All prices are subject to VAT (20.00%).
1.3 Client responsibility
- It is your responsibility as a client to ensure that there is parking available for the van; contact local authority/ provide the driver with a parking permit. Whilst we always endeavour to park legally, sometimes we cannot and it is a condition of our contract that you make an immediate payment to the driver if the parking fine is found of the van's window after the delivery.
- All our drivers carry trolleys straps and blankets however it is the client's responsibility to inform our staff prior to the move if there are any special requirements other than already specified.
- It is the customer's responsibility to make sure that all items will fit in the new premises. We are not insured for removing any doors or finding new entrances.
- When packing service is not requested it's the customer's responsibility to pack everything properly. We do not accept responsibility for damage or breakage caused by the client's poor packing.
- The customer should inform our staff with at least 24 hours about a cancellation; otherwise, the full amount will be charged.
- No staff abuse will be tolerated. If a driver is forced to terminate a job due to abuse, the customer will be charged in full.
- We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to property or items being moved if we are not informed within 24 hours of the move being completed.
- Where damage to premises or property does occur we must ask that you inform us as per point 1. In the absence of such notification we will not be able to accept any liability for the damage.
- We do not accept any responsibility for damage to your property during delivery other than damage due to our negligence when our liability is limited to the repair of that damage with no element of betterment.
- All Goods in transit insurance claims are subject to an excess of £250.00 payable at beginning of the claim by the customer. Whether the claim will be successful or not, the excess fee would not be refundable. All items included in the move have to be properly packaged and protected for the purpose of the move in order be covered by our insurance.
- Although our drivers are very careful, and it is our policy to blanket and strap-down items whilst in transit, movement does occur; therefore it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that items are adequately packaged prior to loading in order to avoid damage. Upholstered items and mattresses must be fully enclosed in a polythene wrap to ensure that they do not get dirty.
- We do not take responsibility for any event which is outside our reasonable control nor for any consequential loss arising from such an event.
- Our insurance is included in the price quoted and is for goods in transit only and will only cover items while in transit and NOT any damages inside the property. Should you need further cover for your move, please contact an insurance broker and obtain appropriate insurance cover.
- Due to health and safety customers are not permitted to visit our warehouse/storage facility.
- We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 30 days writing of any increases.
- We require seven working days notice to access or remove goods from storage.
- If payment of our charges relating to your goods is in arrears, and notice has been given, we are entitled to require you to remove your goods from our storage and pay all outstanding charges due to us. If you fail to respond or pay all outstanding amounts due to us, we may sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of sale or disposal will be charged to you. If the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge your outstanding sums due to us then you will remain responsible for the balance and we will take action to recover the outstanding amounts through a debt collection agency. You will then also be responsible for the debt collection agency fees. We will pay to you the balance, if any, still remaining; and treat any goods not sold as abandoned and destroy or otherwise dispose of them.
- You permit us and our agents and contractors to search your goods:
- if we are required to do so by the Police, Fire Services, Local Authority or by a Court Order;
- For the purpose of checking whether your goods contain any items described in Condition 1.5 Storage, point 5.
- In accordance with Condition 1.5 Storage, point 3.
- You must not store (and you must not allow any other person to store) any of the following:
- food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
- birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures;
- combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents;
- firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition;
- chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents;
- toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
- any item which emits fumes, smell or odour;
- any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained;
- compressed gases.
Our Company, JM Solutions UK Ltd t/a ManVanLondon and MVLGroup do NOT store any financial details nor will pass on this information to any other third parties.